I noticed that Mysql starts up under XFS, Im not even sure what XFS is?  Im
running RH 7.3 and mysql 3.23.40.  I performed the install based on RPM
packages not from the Packaged OS install.  Jsut curious why this is
happening.

Also I noticed that my safe_mysqld daemon is running under root:

root       976     1  0 Nov10 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/safe_mysqld
--d

I have changed all of my binaries and other various mysql files over to
mysql own and grp.  I have set [mysqld] in my my.cnf file to use user=mysql.
Do I need to possibly create a setting in my.cnf file for [safe_mysqld]
user=mysql???  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DK

David Kramer
Software Developer