Jing,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Jannie Qu"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 8:03 PM
Subject: mysqlhotcopy point-in-time recovery

> Hi, all,
>
> sql, query.
>
> I use mysqlhotcopy to backup innodb tables and I tried to find how to
> recovery database point-in-time with the help of binary log.
>
> I had tried "mysqlbinlog --user-jqu --password=1234 Host-bin.[0-9]* |
mysql"
> without success.
>
> Anyone of you know how to recovery database point-in-time?

you cannot use mysqlhotcopy to back up InnoDB type tables. Only the .frm
files are in the database directory, while the data is in ibdata files.
mysqlhotcopy does not copy ibdata files or ib_logfiles, and if it would do
that, the copies could be corrupt because of writes the database meanwhile
does to these files.

"
4.8.6 mysqlhotcopy, Copying MySQL Databases and Tables

mysqlhotcopy is a Perl script that uses LOCK TABLES, FLUSH TABLES and cp or
scp to quickly make a backup of a database. It's the fastest way to make a
backup of the database or single tables, but it can only be run on the same
machine where the database directories are.
"

The way to backup InnoDB tables is to use mysqldump, or InnoDB Hot Backup (a
non-free tool). Hot Backup prints the binlog offset corresponding to the
backup, and you can do a point-in-time recovery using the binlog files as
explained at http://www.innodb.com/hotbackup.html.

I think there is currently no mechanism to know what is the binlog offset of
a dump taken with mysqldump. Blocking all activity in the server with table
level locks is a way to force some binlog offset to your dumps.

> Thank you,
> Jing

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, hot backup, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com

sql query