(This is a repost of an ealier answer):

Here's one which takes log rotation a step further than mysql provides
for.  It is run on the slaves to keep track of their position and then run
on the master to purge up to the earliest slave position.  This is useful
because you can't reliably get all the slaves' latest position by looking
at a master.  If a slave is down temporarily, it will not show up on the
master.

http://www.chelsea.net/~mprewitt/mtop/utils/purge_replication_log