Hi,

I'm Edison Xavier. I have installed the MySQL 3.23.52
on an RedHat 8.0. In the local client (running on the
same machine as the server) I can connect using any
registered user like this:

mysql -u xavier -p

This connection occours perfectly.

I have installed the MySQLGUI 1.7.5-2 on my
workstation running Win2000 Professional. I have
setting on the Options the user xavier on the Client
parameters and the IP and port of the server running
the mysqld in the Server parameters.

When I select the Connect button and I write my
password (for xavier), the message appears on the
bottom:

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

The log of the firewall betwen this connection show-me
this deny packets:
packet TCP from client to port 139 server
packet TCP from client to port 445 server

Is this correct??

The port 3306 is free for forwarding and don´t denied.

Thanks a lot

Edison Xavier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]