I've read the mysql replication documentation, and I've seen mentioned
only once setting up the replication loop: A -> B -> C -> A.

I'd like to setup a simple version of the same: A <-> B so that if A goes
down my application can talk to whichever server is up and when A comes
back up he will resync and life will go on. There is not much instruction
or confirmation that this can work like I expect it too so I'm turning
here for the confirmation.

I currently have setup:

A -> B
Where A is mysql-server-3.23.49 and B is mysql-server-3.23.52. I can yank
out the version offset if it is an issue, but for now I'm just trying to
set this up for failure possibilities.

The application is so low of a load 1 server would do fine, but with the
new replication features I would like to set this up from the start.

Since both of the servers are in sync at the moment is it just a matter of
pointing A to B for its master? The documentation kind of stops after you
have A -> B.

Second Problem/Curiosity:

After A <-> B is setup, has anyone had problems with one bouncing and not
resyncing after returning to duty?

For anyone that cares the database will be for RADIUS
authentication/accounting with gnu-radius. A will be the master DB and B,
C, D, ... will be the Radius servers with mysql running on localhost. On
the off chance that the RAS boxes cannot talk to A to send accounting
records, I would like for them to pass the record to whichever DB is up
and I need mysql to fill the gap on keeping the data in sync. RAS has no
issue with passing the accounting information on to the next radius/mysql
server that will confirm receipt.

Thanks in advance for help,

Gerald