Добрый день.

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 02:44:47PM +0200, Andrey Kotrekhov wrote:
> > Hi, All! sql
> >
> > Can I run 2 mysqld that use the same DB?
> > Not replication , 1 DB on my HDD but 2 mysqld work with this DB.
> >
> > For example I have external RAID and I want decrease CPU usage.
> > I run 2 mysqld on different servers, but they use 1 DB.
> > Is this possible?
>
> If you enable MySQL's extenal locking support, yes.
But how safe is this? Is this work at all?
In manual I see strong warning:

WARNING: Normally you should never have two servers that update data in
the same database! If your OS doesn't support fault-free system locking,
this may lead to unpleasant surprises!

What will be happened when I update some records throw 1-st server and
select the same records throw 2-d server?

> Jeremy
> --
> Jeremy D. Zawodny     |  Perl, Web, MySQL, Linux Magazine, Yahoo!
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/
>
> MySQL 3.23.51: up 100 days, processed 2,121,676,852 queries (244/sec. avg)

    Best regards.
        Andrey Kotrekhov [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ISP Alkar Teleport
        тел. +380 562 34-00-44