Hi,

After I installed mysql, I noticed there is an open port now, port 3306.
Can I restrict this so only from localhost can connect? I meant to close port 3306.
But without using firewall :( I dont have knowledge about this.

If there is no way to do this without firewall, then I will learn it.

I tried --skip-networking, but then mysqld could not be started. I got this from
google.com. Is it
the correct way?

Thanks.
kapot