On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 05:25:32PM -0500, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
> For what its worth, I got a call from Informix (now part of IBM)
> yesterday doing a survey on customer opinion of their products vs. IBM's
> own DB2 product, Microsoft's SQL Server and Oracle 9i in terms of
> knowledge of the products, possibility of using them in the future,
> success in the past, and opinion of each company.
>
> They also offered a "name any other DB products you use on a regular
> basis" and the surveyer in question now understands that MySQL != MS SQL
> (which he thought it was) and that there are still users of various Pick
> database implementations (we use JBase and D3 in-house and at client
> sites quite extensively).
>
> I thought it was interesting and that some might enjoy knowing ...

Related (sort of).

I've been helping an analyst at Giga understand what MySQL is about,
who really uses it, how it compares to Oracle, and all that stuff.

The good news is that they seem to get it (or some of it), and the
fact that Giga is interested means their clients want to know.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 101 days, processed 2,159,326,893 queries (245/sec. avg)