On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Joseph D. Wagner wrote:

> OK OK! You've proved me wrong IN THIS PARTICULAR EXAMPLE.  The fact
> remains that plenty other examples exist where MySQL could benefit from
> the .NET Framework.
>
> WILL MYSQL BE USING THE MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK IN FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
> OF THE WIN32 PORT?

I think that anyone developing portable software should stay as far away
from Microsoft-specific tools as possible.  I see no reason to further cloud
a difficulty area by popping in the latest MS fad, which, no doubt, in four
to five years, will be replaced by some other marketing-driven fad.

In other words, the rule of thumb should be "Keep it simple, stupid".

--
Aaron Clausen