Hi everyone –

I have a problem: I installed mySQL yesterday on a WinXP Pro system and have
used winMySQLAdmin.exe for most administrative purposes. According to the
website and the documentation, I can create a new db from within the program
by going to the “Databases” tab and right-clicking, then choosing “Create
Database.” When I do that, however, my menu only includes four options:
“Flush Hosts, Flush Logs, Flush Tables, Flush Threads.” Does anybody have
any insight into this? Is this a problem with my install/configuration, a
bug, a misreported feature, or what? I have been able to create and modify
databases using the command line (mysql and mysqladmin), but this is,
obviously, less convenient. Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Ed Cottrell

Ed Cottrell
President
Topsail Consulting, Inc.