On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:54:21AM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Nov 18), Lenz Grimmer said:
> > You have experienced a bug that Mac OS X seems to have inherited from
> > FreeBSD, which shows a similar behaviour. For a very detailed
> > description, see this entry in Jeremy's blog
> >
> > http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000264.html#000264
> >
> > Current versions of MySQL for Mac OS X have been compiled with the
> > - -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH option to work around this problem.
>
> Could one of you submit a problem report to the FreeBSD people (use the
> send-pr command on the system you see the problem on)?  They can't fix
> bugs they don't know about :)

Based on talking with our FreeBSD guys at work, I got the impression
they are well aware of the problem.

Interestingly, it seems to only affect users on LinuxThreads.  The
native FreeBSD threads implementation appears not to trigger the
problem.  But there are so many problems with FreeBSD's native threads
that I'm not sure why you'd want to use them...

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 104 days, processed 2,258,639,256 queries (250/sec. avg)