I have a few questions about Replication. I've already read the basic replication page here:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Replication_HOWTO.html

I am running MySQL-MAX 3.23.53 for Linux on my master server, and the same version on Windows 2000 for the slave.

#1 - Can I replicate from Linux to Windows 2k?

I followed the instructions and put the appropriate things into the my.ini located in C:\MYSQL

But... I can't tell if it actually read the my.ini

The instructions also refer to an error log. I see C:\MYSQL\data\mysql.err - is this the file they are referring to?

If so, the file makes no mention of replication.

- RIck