Hi all.

I resolved the problem of starting mysql server changing permissions of /tmp
directory to permit user mysql write /tmp/mysql.sock.

But when I start mysql server with /etc/init.d/mysql server start I get
error @HOSTNAME@.

prototipo mysql # /etc/init.d/mysql.server start
/etc/init.d/mysql.server: @HOSTNAME@: command not found
prototipo mysql # Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/usr/local/mysql/data

Iago Sineiro.