* Massimo Bandinelli
> * Roger Baklund
> > * Massimo Bandinelli
> > > mysql shell doesn't accept
> > >
> > > Do you know something about this??
> >
> > The '-' character makes this name difficult for the mysql parser to
> > understand, it could be interpreted as "foo minus db" (even though this
> > would not make sense in a CREATE DATABASE statement).
> >
> > Use backticks:
> >
> > mysql> create database `foo-db`;
> > Query OK, 1 row affected (0.36 sec)
>
> Oh, yes, I know this option.
>
> The problem is quiet different, because if I create a db using
> php with mysql_create function, I can use the name with minus foo-db.
>
> Analizing the binary log I see the command
>
> > create database foo-db;
>
> and when the slave process the query, it returns an error.

I understand. I don't know how to fix your problem, except for using a
different name for your database, or create the database on the slave
manually, and skip that statement from the binlog using
SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER.

This could be a bug, but I don't know for sure. I checked the documentation
on replication, but I could not find any mention of this issue.

Anyone?

--
Roger