        From:   Patricio Díaz G. [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Thursday, November 21, 2002 8:10 AM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: MySQL & Delphi 6

        Thanks for anwering to my request.
        I started to practice with Delphi and Kylix in my free time, first
with
        Kylix, later with Delphi. With Kylix I had no problems to connect to
the
        MySQL server, may be becouse I was coding int the same machine where
it is,
        but now I'm tring Delphi 6 and I can't connect to it. I'm using the
standart
        dbExpress TSQLConnection component, I configure it as the manual
says, but
        when I set it's Connected property to True, it says "DBX error:
Invalid
        Username/Password".

        What I want to know is if there is somebody that could make work
Delphi 6
        with MySQL in a remote box together, or if somebody knoks certainly
that
        Delphi 6 has a bug so it can't connect to a remote MySQL.

        Regards,

        Patricio