my experience is rather limited since i use linux
only as a file server.  after installations of
mysql on win2k and nt4.0 sp6, i can say that it
came up without incident, and has been running
for months in the corereader test environment.
it was far far easier to install than oracle, and
easier to install than mssql.  when i reboot the
windows box, mysql has always popped back up.

my philosophy with tools is if it doesn't keep
running after i install it, i don't need it.  so
far, mysql seems to be a keeper.

--
        John Ragan
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]