Hello,

I've got a big board using Linux Mdk 8.2, PHP 4.1.2 and Mysql 3.23.49.
All messages are stored in one table (850 000 messages) and I have some
other tables but smaller. My posts table is 500 Mo large, index is also big
because of full text index.

I now have problems with my board: the posts table is locking for fews
minutes and all tasks are waiting to be executed until max_connections is at
the limit. It seems that post table is locket by an INSERT of a message.
After minutes, INSERT is done and all others requests are done bit server is
very loaded and some user have "Too many connections" error.
I've "solved" problem with wait_timeout=120 instead of 28800 but this is not
a good solution.

My.cnf:

set-variable    = max_connections=100
set-variable    = key_buffer=384M
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable    = table_cache=2M
set-variable    = sort_buffer=2M
set-variable    = record_buffer=1M
set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M
set-variable    = thread_cache=25
set-variable    = wait_timeout=120
set-variable    = thread_concurrency=4

My computer: Dell 1500SC, 2 scsi 3 disks (RAID1), 1 Go RAM, 2x P III 1,4
Ghz.

Have you got any idea of what is going wrong ?

Thank you and have a nice day.

--
Renaud
Kilos Multimedia