Da: Johannes Ullrich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Inviato: giovedì 21 novembre 2002 14.38
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oggetto: Re: R: Mysql Replication

> Then, the master write, update, delete, ecc..
> the slaves answer SELECTs
>
> If this is impossible, which is the utility to have slaves???

it is possible. Follow the manual for a good start. A couple
caveats:

- your application has to be able to send the selects to the different
  (read only) databases on its own. mysql will not help you with the
  actual query funneling.

- be aware that the slave may not be up to date. All replication is
  done 'in serial'. An update that takes a long time will block
  all other updates from the master.

- if you use 'LOAD DATA INFILE', make sure you do not delete the
  data file until all slaves have it imported.