At 22:10 +0000 11/21/02, Jannie Qu wrote:
Hi, all,

sql, query.

I try to use a mysqldump file from development database and insert back into production database on another server.

bkp_dbname.sql is copied over to prodution, and I am using the following command at production.

shell> mysql -ujqu -pjqu1234@ dbname < bkp_dbname.sql

File bkp_dbname.sql contains "create table, insert into table..." Tables are all innoDB tables with foreign keys.

How can I disable foreign_key_check at shell prompt.
You can't.  But you can do this instead:

shell> mysql -ujqu -pjqu1234@ dbname
mysql> set foreign_key_check=0;
mysql> source bkp_dbname.sql;
mysql> quit

Background info:
MySQL 3.23.53 with Innodb enabled on Mac OS 10.1

Thank you,
jing