Guenter,

Nice piece of analysis!
As it happens WinMySQLadmin v1.4 under Win2000 fares little better,
apparently gobbling up VM until... (Bug Report posted 20Nov2002 shortly
after midnight UTC - as yet unacknowledged)
[won't attach here (not correct list procedure), so will forward private
copy separately]

WinMySQLadmin used to work well in its previous incarnation.

On behalf of your less-capable Win32 brethren, is there any chance that you
could Zip the set of requisite files (for only) that WinMySQLadmin (previous
version/v-1) and make them available so that we could load them 'over the
top' of the faulty files delivered with recent (both 3.23.n and 4.n
branches) versions of MySQL?

Please advise,
=dn