Hello,
I've got this question about query cache in mysql 4 - when I do query like
this:

SELECT SQL_CACHE column_a FROM table_a WHERE column_a = 'const';

and then I update table like this:

UPDATE table_a SET column_b = column_b + 1;

cache entry is invalidated and deleted (I hope, I understood mysql sources
correctly - I made just a quick look into query_cache.cc). Mechanism for
cleaning cache entries deletes them always, when any table from cached query
is modified. I think, it would be better to clean it only, when relevant
columns (those, used in the query) are changed (+ in case of any
delete/insert of course). Or would it be too slow to to check?

--
S pozdravem
Marek Janda