He all,

I have a problem with MySQL ver 3.23.52 on Linux Redhat 8. It is
working successfully on the server, and can response all request
comming on Server. But, when I try to connect to the database thru
any client running on a Windows 2000  (like MySQLAdmin), I can't
connect it.

Firstly, I got an error message like "Error 2013: Lost Connection
to MySQL Server during query". I checked the mysqld log file
on Server (/var/log/mysqld.log)  and I was sure that, when I try to
connect to the server, my attempt is received by mysql with an error
like:

"Cannot   initialize Innodb as 'innodb_data_file_path" is not set.
If you do not want to use transactional InnoDB tables, add a line
skip_Innodb
to the [mysqld] section of init parameters in your my.cnf" ...

I did it. But still I can't see the databases declared on the mysql (On
Linux) from my win2000 PC.

Still, on every attempt of connection, a new paragraph is being added to
the mysqld.log, now without any error message
("mysqld process hanging, pid XXXX - killed
020210 03:26:11 mysqld restarted
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connection.

I am dying to see any databases existing on the Linux server.

(In order to be sure that, there is no problem on my client configuration,
I installed Mysql win32 version into my friends PC (Win2000).My PC can
easily connect and operate the databases that are on my friends PC over
network.)

Would anyone help me!

Cem Yagli

/----/ keywords: sql, query