Sorry should have made clear that is what phpMyAdmin gives me in the
browser.

WinMySQLadmin seems to be fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Wright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26 November 2002 11:19
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Newbie Help! Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
(10061)

Well, not so much a newbie as "scratcher" of the surface :)

I've used MySQL on my desktop under windows for a while.  Never had any
issues with it from the straight install.  Am using 3.23.38 and MyOBDC
2.50-36.

Recently (I don't know if this is relevant) upgraded to win XP Pro SP1.
Now I've reinstalled every thing and get the error msg below.

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I've been to the MySQL site and searched but a) I don't entirely follow
some of the stuff and b) what I've tried doesn't seem to be workable.

Can someone give me a clue :)

--
Martin