I have two tables containing a BLOB cloumn as;

-- supposed to be able to handle up to about 16MB
CRETAE TABLE gallery1 (
    id    INTEGER,
    title    VARCHAR(255),
    mediumimage    MEDIUMBLOB
);

-- supposed to be able to handle up to about 4GB
CRETAE TABLE gallery2 (
    id    INTEGER,
    title    VARCHAR(255),
    largeimage    LONGBLOB
);

Both table show the size about 48KB initially.

And I added a <16MB(about 7,863KB) image into the
table, "gallery1" and a <4GB(about 11,620KB) into
the table, "gallery2", respectively.

The size of gallery1, i,e, "gallery1.db", shows 8,232KB
and the size of gallery2, i.e., "gallery2.db", shows
11,712KB.

Each table contains only one entry. And I deleted
both entries from two tables. So both tables contain
no entry.

However, the size of tables remain same as after
insertion made.

Q: How come the size of table does not decrease
    after deletion?

Thank you. And regards,

Pae

P.S.: MySQL, SQL, and Query(to clarify that it's not
spam nor OT).