Hi,

I have a few questions regarding recovery of a database using binary logs.

1) If you have a set of binary logs in your directory mylog-bin.001 to
mylog-bin.nmp, is there an easy way to find out which logs you need to run
since the last backup? In other words, when according to the instructions,
after replacing the database files with the backup ones, you run the
command:

        mysqlbinlog mylog-bin.[0-9]* | mysql

does it know automatically which set to include so as to not incorporate
logs that are too old? Or do we have to manually perform a selection? If so,
is there a way to figure out easily the subset if one has not been watching
it?

2) If a loss of data has been caused by an unwanted statement like DROP
DATABASE... or DROP TABLE VeryImportantOne, how can one delete that
statement from the bin-log before using it for recovery and repeat the
mistake?

Thanks in advance for any help provided,

Manuel Villasante