I personally prefer MySQL-Front, even though its development has been
suspended. You can get it here:
http://mysqlfront.venturemedia.de/index.php?&act=ST&f=2&t=328

MySQLCC is ok: http://www.mysql.com/downloads/gui-mycc.html
SQLyog seems ok: http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/index.html

As to connecting via SSH from windows:

Download PuTTY (putty.exe is all you really need) and put in a directory
somewhere. Then setup the SSH connection. The important part is this:
You must forward a local port to localhost:3306 on the remote server. To
do this, create a new session, then go to Connection -> SSH -> Tunnels,
and add a new forwarded port like this:

Source Port: 3306
Destination: localhost:3306
(Local)

Then click add, and then save your session.

Now when you connect to the SSH server, your local 3306 port will be
forwarded to port 3306 on the remote server. So, you can now connect
with PuTTY and then open up your MySQL front-end and connect to the DB.

Ian.