Look at the DATE_FORMAT function.
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Date_and_time_functions.html

-----Original Message-----
From: hotel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 6:07 PM
To: mySQL
Subject: Date()

Is it possible for mySQL to recognize and compare dates written in this
format: MM/DD/YY?

I know standard date format for mySQL is YYY-MM-DD, but I need to be
able to support this other format if possible. For example, I have a
string of "01/30/02" and I just need to compare it to another value
already in the dB, being held as a varchar with a value of "02/28/02".
I need to compare these to determine if one date preceeds the other.

Any way of doing this with the resources mySQL already has built in -
without having to convert the format of the date values?

Thanks.
Neal