Hi all,
I'm not really sure if I'm posting this to the right list or not, but I've
recently installed mysql on a Linux machine in order to learn some mysql/php
stuff.  However, I've obviously configured something wrongly and can't work
out what.  The output i get when I try to do anything mysql-ish from my php
code is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/testphp.php on line 7

To me this says 'mysql isn't installed as far as I can tell' since the
connect function is the first thing it does.. but I've looked through
documentation and configuration files and I'm stumped.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan.