From: Joacim Larsson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 2 december 2002 00:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Bug using batch mode with mysql?

I am using MySQL 3.23.53 with InnoDB tables on Win2K platform.
My charset is set to latin1 and it works fine when I use Swedish characters
through JDBC. It also works fine if I use them from the mysql command line,
but when I try to use mysql < file.sql to load a set of INSERTs into my
tables
I get weird characters (using SELECT) instead of the exptected Swedish ones.

If I run the same INSERT statement from the mysql prompt it works fine and
I have no problems doing for instance INSERT INTO table VALUES (1, 'едц');
and getting the едц back correctly doing a SELECT on that table.

I haven't found out any way to get around this problem.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

-Joacim