From: Sarah Killcoyne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 11:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Perl DBI or C++ API Help!

I need to be able to connect to mysql through a perl or C++ script without
knowing the name of the database to connect to.  I can't seem to find a way
to do this.  Is it possible to either: look up database names so I can pick
one before connecting or connect without a database name so I can "show
databases;" and pick one then?  The reason for this is, this script will be
creating the database we need new each time with a different name depending
on how the user wants it so it's possible that there are no databases set up
at all or a differnt named one each time.  My book only shows me how to do
it if I know the name.

Thanks!!
Sarah