Thanks for help.....
here is another solution for that...

SELECT if (Category = 'others', '999', 0) as priority, ID, Category FROM TableName
ORDER BY priority, Category

Tariq

Fred van Engen wrote:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 03:32:13PM +0500, Tariq Murtaza wrote:

I want to achieve recordset like below (sorting category by Name and including 'Others' at the end),
I want to do that by single query ;), any idea???

ID Category
------------------------
6 biochemistry
62 Commerce
95 chemistry
2 Engg
87 Ecommerce
7 math
45 physics
1 Software Engg
5 Others

Try something like this:

SELECT id, category from mytable order by concat(if(id=5,'B','A'),category);

Only problem is that it won't optimize, so use this on small tables only.

Regards,

Fred.