Hi,

I'm planning to use two-way replication for two MySQL-hosts that can't see each other most of the time. There will be a synchronisation everyday via ISDN.
Box A is master & slave of box B and v.v.

As long as nothing goes wrong that's fine.

I'll have daily mysqldumps of the db content, so there is a backup of the data.

What if I need to restore a server from backup ?
Lets say box A crashes or - what's more realistic - I screw all up
badly. Then I'll play back the latest dump and box A is up and running
again but the replication log is out of sync to to slave, I suppose.

How can I sync them without losing the updates that happened on box B ?

OK, I know that's probaply a hard one but perhaps someone ran into this
before.

... Andreas