Ervin,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ervin Gerke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Heikki Tuuri'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:53 PM
Subject: RE: InnoDB crash?

> Heikki,
>
> That's all mysqld reported in err log. In fact I wasn't able to do a
> check table since mysqld died (SIGSEGV) on me right after logging that
> message in .err log. In fact I don't run anything funny on the hardware
> side. No RAIDs or anything.

I am copying this to [EMAIL PROTECTED], so that other users can follow
the discussion.

Looks like InnoDB asserts when it does the background purge immediately
after a startup.

You should set

set-variable=innodb_force_recovery=2

in my.cnf. If that does not help, try a value 4.

Then run CHECK TABLE on your tables. You may have serious corruption. You
may have to dump all tables and recreate the whole InnoDB tablespace. In
mild cases it is enough to dump + DROP + CREATE + reimport one or a few
tables.

The log sequence number you have is 288 GB. You have done of processing with
the database.

Regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy