Hi.

On Thu 2002-12-12 at 02:25:51 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this is a PHP of a MySQL question, so I am sending it to both
> groups.

Usually it is preferred that you send it only to the list which is
more appropriate first (toss a coin, if you must ;-) and only if you
get no satisfying answer, try the other one. Cross-posting is usually
frowned upon.

> Basically I have a list of numbers with two decimal places in the
> MySQL database, but I only want to display some of them with the
> decimal points.
>
> i.e.
>
> 70 (not 70.00)
> 87
> 51.5
> 46.75
> 12
> 29
> 5.5
> -1
> 45
>
> I know it's probably a weird request, but any thoughts on how one would do
> this either through PHP or MySQL.

You can use TRIM for that purpose:

  SELECT TRIM(TRAILING '.' FROM TRIM(TRAILING '0' FROM column)) ...

HTH,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]