Dear Satish,

> I want to migrate from Oracle to MySQL.
> So I need to import the tables and data from Oracle.
> Can anyone suggest any tool which can do this.
> Any pointer regarding this will be appreciated.

(1) I am not familiar with Oracle, but I assume (oh, that word again) that
it has a dump utility to create SQL files (with CREATE TABLE / INSERT
statements). If it has, you can dump table definitions + data out of Oracle
and import them into MySQL like that (using the MySQL Monitor command line
client):

shell> mysql < dump_from_oracle.sql

In this case, it's fairly easy (and fast), but you will have to make sure
the Oracle column types (DECIMAL, NUMERIC, INT, CHAR etc.) in use are being
supported by MySQL.

(2) Another way is to create the table definitions manually (choke!), export
the data from Oracle (SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE) and import them into MySQL
using LOAD DATA INFILE.

(3) Yet another way is an ODBC connection from Oracle to MySQL, if Oracle
supports ODBC. ODBC is slow, but not as desperately slow as I sometimes
hear. As reported before on this list, I did a 1.2 million records import a
couple of days ago from MS Access into MySQL using MyODBC 3.51.04. Table
size was 500 MBytes, and it took 4 minutes on a 2 GHz machine running Win2K
(table create definition and import of all data).

HTH,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  CEO / Geschäftsleitung iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>