HI all,

I'm new to the list so I apologize if this subject has been answered already, I couldn't find a mailing list archive.

We just upgraded (?) mysql to 3.23.49. We are running it on Linux Redhat 7.3

The load data local command is turned off by default. I have attempted to follow the instructions in the documentation (Ch. 4.2.4 and others) about this but it has been a dismal failure.

I tried the following on restarting mysql:

/etc/init.d/mysqld start --local-infile[=1]

as in the manual. No luck.

I also made some variations on this:

--local-infile=1
--local-infile
--local-infile(=1)
--local-infile=[1]
--local-infile=(1)

None of these worked.

I added the following two lines to the my.cnf file:

[client]
enable-local-infile

and restarted. No luck.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I would really appreciate any help on this since I use the command to load data and it is part of several utility applications I use.

Thanks in advance

Jon Bertsch