Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can give me some pointers on this problem. I have two tables that contain similar data (eg, people.employees and people.volunteers). I need to run a select statement to retrieve names from both tables, and then display the data sorted by name so that it doesn't matter which table it came from.

For example, if people.employees contains Amy, Charles and Eric, while people.volunteers contains Brian, David and Fred, then the resulting output needs to be displayed in this order:

Amy
Brian
Charles
David
Eric
Fred

I could do this by post-processing the data in the script which retrieves it, but I'd prefer to get it in the correct order direct from MySQL. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark