At 22:53 12/12/2002 +0100, Alliax wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to say that postcode can be one or 2 letters in front of the
numbers.

If sorting by number is important, then split them on input and store them in two separate files. But I don't really know why you'd want to sort them numerically anyway - UK postcodes aren't sequential in operation: E1 is not necessarily adjacent to E2 on the map. So having a sequence of E1,E10,E2, etc is no less applicable than E1,E2,E10 would be.

Mark