Hi,

How can  I prevent this and what causes it? I am using mysql 4.02 on
FreeBSD. This is running as a slave.

When I change my machine's hostname mysql starts up fine, but when I slave
start replication I get an unable to initial Master.info error.
If I change the hostname back to the old hostname I can start the slave.

I have been doing this for some time, when I have to reboot(not often
but...), I have to change my hostname back to the mysql happy hostname, shut
it down with the rc.mysql script, then restart mysql then change my hostname
back so that it is correct and so my mail can get out.

Please help, this is getting to be a pain.

Thanks,

Eric

(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

"Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant