Everyone --

We have a bibliographic database in which diacritics are impeding search

results.  That is to say, we would like for a search of 'zeitschrift
fur%' to retrieve records that begin not only with

zeitschrift fur

but also

zeitschrift für

(notice the umlaut over the second to last letter in the second item).
 Currently, the search only retrieves the first type.

I've searched through the documentation and there are references to
handling specific individual ASCII characters (the character in question

above is ASCII character 252), but not a general framework for all ASCII

characters.  Additionally, there is a way to retrieve the ASCII number
assigned to a given character, but not vice versa.

Is there any way to have 'ü' match on a 'u' in a search string, etc.,
etc., etc.?

sql

TIA,
Andy