Paul, nice to here from you,

Could you please tell me where probably to find (directory / file) the line
where PATH has to be set?

Some month ago I created my databases and php-scripts on a small partition
with OS X 10.1.4. Here I installed the package from Marc Lyanage including
php 4 but I do not remeber the hints and small things to keep an eye to.

Thereafter I changed my partition which runs now with OS X 10.2.2. I copied
some visible directories within the Finder but did not install anything. I
found the directory /usr/local/mysql/ and assumed everything to be ok
because all databases could be accessed with Internet-Explorer and they
work as always.

In the StartupItems I found two files: "my.conf" which is called by the
file "MySQL".

The configuration-file under my old partition should contain the right PATH
- but what should be the name of this file and where should it be located.

Thanks and kind regards
Helmuth Lutz

At 21:43 +0100 12/15/02, Helmuth Lutz wrote:
>Does anybody have an idea:
>
>- WHY does my currently installed MySQL 3.23.46 start at System-Start?

Becasue something or someone installed the proper startup stuff under
System/Library/StartupItems.

>- WHY do the currently installed db's work within Internet-Explorer?

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

>- WHY does the terminal not know the commands: mysql or mysqladmin?
>---- Not as user  neither as root
>
>The terminal response:
>[hlutz:/usr/local/mysql] hlutz# mysqladmin -u root user -p version
>mysqladmin: Command not found.

Because your PATH doesn't include the directory where these programs
are located.