I'm testing the FULLTEXT indexing on a TEXT field on an Athlon/500, 256MB
RAM, SCSI-3 disks, FreeBSD 4.6 and MySQL 3.23.46 with my.cnf.large setup.
My table has 260000 records and it seems to take too long to complete the
task. It's currently running since yestarday.
Is this processing time normal or not?
Are fulltext indexing speed tests available?

mysql> show processlist;
+-----+------+-----------+---------+---------+-------+----------------------
| Id  | User | Host      | db      | Command | Time  | State
| Info                                        |
+-----+------+-----------+---------+---------+-------+----------------------
|  16 | root | localhost | gufiweb | Query   | 87924 | Repair with keycache
| alter table gufiall add fulltext body(body) |
| 138 | root | localhost | gufiweb | Query   | 0     | NULL
| show processlist                            |
2 rows in set (1.74 sec)

Gianluca Sordiglioni
DB Manager
Vox2Web Srl