At 2:43 -0500 12/17/02, C. Reeve wrote:
 >From the MySQL Manual:

ALTER TABLE tbl_name MODIFY [COLUMN] create_definition [FIRST | AFTER
column_name]

I have also tried CHANGE instead of MODIFY.

My Statement:

alter table manager change column w1 decimal(8,2) not null after moves;

The problem is the AFTER statement, if I omit it I have no problem. Now I'm
probably reading this wrong but in any event I need my columns to be in a
certain order and their not. Without deleting them and re-adding them (and
the data) - how do I get them in the order I need?
Why do you need them in a certain order?  So that SELECT * will return
them in a given order?

It's better not to rely on that behavior.

i.e w1, w2, w3, w4 ...... w25  not  w13, w21, w2, w9 .... w4, w1. (I have no
idea how they even got messed up as I created them in order. Up arrow,
change number, up arrow, change number....etc, etc.

I'm ranting, but this is really ticking me.

TIA