Hello all,

     I have checked the mailing list and the documentation but have been
unable to find any information regarding the level of support for
MySQL on the MacOS 10.2 platform. After moving a production database
from a linux to MacOS 10.2 for development I have noticed that on my
MacOS machine there is a significant performance hit on the MySQL
server. Perhaps this is just hardware related but it seems as though
the performance should be at least comparable on the following
machines.

Intel Pentium III 933 MHz
Mandrake Linux v8.2
No windowing system running
512 MB RAM
Query takes about 12 seconds.

Apple G4 1GHz
MacOS X 10.2
No windowing system running
512 MB RAM
Query Takes about 25 seconds.

I have noticed that on linux the mysqld runs as many processes and on
MacOS 10.2 it runs as a single process. Is this an architectural decision?
or have i configured the server incorrectly?

Thank you,
Christophe Banal