Hi,

Why is it that I can not use two mysql queries in the same PHP file. I have
tried to do this several times trying to put my site together and have had
nothing but problems.

The recent one is this:

I use a SELECT statement to get some info from a table, then I modify that
info and use an UPDATE statement to update another table. The update does
not work (all variables used by PHP contain the proper values as does the
info selected from the table).

I get no errors as it appears the update worked, but the table was not
updated.

I have also found that I can not do two select statements in the same PHP
file, as the second one will not contain any data . The query does not fail,
there is just no data.

Any info is appreciated.

TIA