Hello,

I am attempting to search a table based on information passed from a submitted form.

The form contains details as follows:

(radio buttons)

Condition: O new O used

Type: O power O sail

(textbox)

Make: [ ]

etc. etc. etc. ( it's a long list!)

If I write a query ie.
Select from boat where condition like '$condition' or type like '$type' or make like '$make' etc......

I get a search result that includes boats with any of the criteria that match one of the like comparisons,
ie.returns all new boats + all sail boats + all boats of type X

which makes sense

What I really want is a result that is limited to a group of boats that individually match the submitted criteria but excludes the boats outside the set ie. returns only boats which are new, sail, type X boats.

If anyone can help me with sage advice on how to go about achieving this end, I would be highly grateful. I am stuck and may be missing something simple, or maybe there is more to what I am attempting than a simple query. Either way, pointers, tips, sample queries would be helpful and appreciated.

Kris O.