I have a domain mail.xxx.com. Everywhere I do a nslookup the reverse lookup up returns the domain correctly. When I do a 'hostname' it returns the correct name. Also on this machine I have another domain mail.yyy.com Both of these domains resolve to the same IP.

The problem I'm having is when I try to connect with:
mysql -h db1.zzz.com -u username
I get the infamous
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: NO)
This is okay since I did not supply a password. The problem is the domain that it returns for the failure. It should be [EMAIL PROTECTED] and it returns [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My question is: Which machine determines the domain suffix at the end. The local machine or the server? What method does does mysql use to look this information up? Where might I have something misconfigured? I want to correct this so I can add the right entry into the users table. Right now it is incorrectly putting the wrong domain in there with the Request Tracker application I'm installing

Vance