I just did this sort of thing in the innodb direction.  What I did was a
mysql dump, global search and replace of MyISAM to InnoDB in the dump ddl
file, dropped and recreated the database, then restored.

-----
Chris Kulish
Systems Engineer
ING Advisors Network
Ph. (515) 698-7583
Fx. (515) 698-3583

"... if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the
hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips."
--Birgitte
-----

                      "John P"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      .co.uk>                  cc:       (bcc: Chris
Kulish/BDN/ING-FSI-NA)
                                               Subject:  Converting many tables into
MyISAM
                      12/18/2002 12:58

                      PM

I have about 300 database tables that are mostly ISAM and some MyISAM
format. I would like to move them all into MyISAM - what's the
easiest/quickest way? I am running 3.23.54.

I was thinking of doing mysqldump, then using a search/replace in the file
CREATE TABLE .. TYPE=, then recreating the database files using mysql, but
it seems a bit heavyhanded to me ;)

Thanks,
John