On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:37:14PM -0500, Michael T. Babcock wrote:

> Just for anyone who cares (or cares to do the same), when I reply to
> messages at my average 80wpm and hit send, I don't check if
> SQL,QUERY,etc. is in the message 90% of the time.  Now, besides
> thanking the crew for adding a couple more keywords to the filter,
> it still ticks me off to get a bounce to a legitimate response.  If
> I get such bounces from now on, I'm ignoring them (that includes the
> last 3 messages I've sent).  I'm not going to bother to retype /
> reformat / forward (because its ugly) the messages.  I always
> reply-to-all, so the author of the previous message gets their copy.

I implemented a very simple trick.

My mailer is configured to notice when I'm posting to a MySQL list.
When I am, it auto-appends the real-time stats from our master server
below my sig file.  That's enough to make the filter happy.

But, yeah, I agree.  There are better ways to do this on the mail
server side.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 3 days, processed 145,631,476 queries (454/sec. avg)