From: Frank Marousek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 3:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Suitability of mySQL for desktop use?

How suitable is mySQL for use in a desktop application i.e. one that
would
be installed completely by the user and run on a standalone PC? My
application is written in Delphi and currently uses dBase files, but as
Delphi support for accessing dBase files is being phased out, I am
looking
at possible alternatives. My application already makes heavy use of SQL,
and
moving to an SQL database would seem like a good fit otherwise. mySQL is
also appealing as I may at some point port this application to the web,
in
which case mySQL seems like it would be a good platform.

Comments?